CONTRIBUTIONS → SPECIAL SESSIONS PROPOSALS
CALL FOR SPECIAL SESSIONS PROPOSALS
IWANN2013 Special Sessions will be a very useful tool in order to complement the regular program with new and emerging topics of particular interest to the participating community. Special Sessions that emphasize on multi-disciplinary and transversal aspects, as well as cutting-edge topics are especially encouraged and welcome.
Prospective organizers of special sessions should submit proposals indicating:
- Title of the proposed session
- Motivation and objectives for the session, emphasizing the benefits for IWANN2013.
- Short biography of the organizer(s), a maximum of two, with complete address, and additional data for contact.
- List of, at least five (4 - 5) prospective contributed papers (including titles, authors, and contact information of the corresponding author/s).
Proposals are due before November 18th, 2012 and should be sent by e-mail, without
specific format to the email of the conference Iwann2013@atc.ugr.es.
Special session organizers should also contact a sufficient number of experts who
are able to review the papers submitted to their session, bearing in mind that at least two reviews per paper are required in order to make the final assessment. The organizer of the special session may be one of these experts, or he/she may to propose an alternative referee. The second mandatory referee will be chosen among the members of the IWANN2013 Program Committee.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR THE ORGANIZATION OF ACCEPTED SPECIAL SESSIONS
You must take into account the following points for the organization of Special sessions and/or the submission of papers to a Special session:
- As you know, the aim of Special Sessions is to cover specific fields within the scope of IWANN2013, and they would be composed typically of 5-6 papers, plus an additional tutorial or introductory paper to the Special session topic, done by the organizer(s). This tutorial is optional, and must be written according to the regular instructions for authors. The tutorial will not be submitted to the IWANN review process.
- The procedure for the submission of the final papers is the same for all contributions, and it will be made through the IWANN2013 web section. The authors are asked to indicate the Special Session title to which their paper is submitted.
- The organizers are invited to submit, besides the optional tutorial, no more than one regular paper to their own Special Session. This paper will be included in the review process.
- The review process for papers submitted to a specific Special Session will be the following:
The review process for each Special Session will be organized by the IWANN board, together with the organizer(s) of the Special Session. They will take into consideration all the papers submitted to the specific Session, according to the established procedure.
A minimum number of 3 accepted regular papers (tutorial done by the organizer(s) is not considered) will be necessary for the development of a Special Session.
Contributors to Special Sessions will be treated as every participant in IWANN2013, what means that they are expected to pay the corresponding regular fee.
Organizer(s) (with a maximum of two) of Special Sessions will benefit of a reduction of 30% on the regular fee.
- At least two reviewers will be assigned (like any regular paper submitted to IWANN conference).
- One reviewer could be the Special Session organizer(s) or an invited reviewer suggested by him/her (them).
- A second one will be assigned among the IWANN2013 Program Committee.